May Favourites!

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Hey guys, I'd thought that I'd start doing regular monthly favourite posts, this month it was quite easy to choose my favourite beauty products. I've been using quite a few new products recently, so I've had a wide selection to choose from.


As you can see in the photo above, I have chosen nine products which I have loved this month. My favourites are in no particular order.

1. Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Night Cream - £4.35 (boots)


The first thing that I have been loving this month is the Nivea Visage Night Cream. I was running low on my night time moisturiser so I decided to pop into boots and see what they had to offer, I saw this night cream that is suitable for dry skin and was also as cheap as chips! I have been using this cream every night after I cleanse my face and I have to say - it is wonderful! This cream is very moisturising without being heavy or greasy and it really does leave my skin feeling soft and nourished. I think the price tag for this product is absolutely amazing as well.


2. Maybelline Dream Smooth Primer - £8.99 (boots & superdrug)


I bought this primer because I used to really neglect using a primer before my foundation, I have used the MUA primer, but I feel that it just disappears into my skin and does absolutely nothing. This primer has a smooth gel-like texture and a little bit goes a really long way. My skin does feel really smooth and primed when I use this product. The price of £8.99 does seem quite steep for a drug store product, however I do feel as though you get what you pay for when it comes to primers.


3. Rehab Shampoo - £9.95 250g (lush)


I decided to get this shampoo because I wanted to try and use more natural products whilst trying to rejuvenate my hair. 'Rehab' caught my eye because it claims to repair your hair and scalp. This shampoo has a really nice smell that to me smells citrus-ey and herb-aly. When I use this shampoo with Lush's Retread conditioner my hair smells amazing for days. My hair has been really soft and silky and healthy since I've started using this shampoo and I will be repurchasing when it runs out (although a little goes a long way so that won't be for awhile.)


4. Models Own Nail Varnish 'Lilac Dream' - £5 (boots)


This is a really pretty colour on the nails, It is a lilacy-pink colour and I have been wearing it a lot this month. I think that the Model's own Nail varnish formulas are really good, as the varnish tends to stay on the nails without chipping for quite awhile.


5. Real techniques buffing brush - £21.99 (as part of set) (boots)


I bought the Real Techniques core collection kit from Boots, as I had heard plenty of good things about the Real Techniques brushes. These brushes are so cheap compared to brands such as Mac, Sigma etc. The brush is made from synthetic hair and is really soft on the skin. This brush is great for applying liquid foundation to my skin and it leaves a really flawless finish.


6. Bobbi Brown Corrector - £17.00 (selfridges, john lewis, online)


I have this in the shade 'Porcelain Bisque.' I think that the shades available are really great, as my shade is almost 'off-white' and great at correcting my bright circles. This corrector is great at covering my under eye circles and it doesn't go 'cakey' as the formula is not too thick. I have been using this every day and I am loving it. Anything to help my dark circles is a miracle for me.


7. Sleek Blush 'Rose Gold - £4.30 (superdrug)


I had been after this blusher for ages, it's a wonderful shimmery pink with golden undertones. This is such a pretty colour and it suits my skintone really well. The price is really great for this blush as you get 8g of product as well, so it will last ages even with daily use.


8. Dark Plum Lipstick - 50p


I have been loving this lipstick loads, I purchased it from a market in my town for 50p and it is an amazing lipstick- especially for the price. The liptick is so creamy and pigmented, which is great for me because some lipticks really dry my lips out which is not a good look. I'm sorry that you guys can't buy this lipstick but I just wanted to include it.


9. Colorsport 30 day mascara (dark brown) - around £5.00 (bodycare) £8.25 (boots)


I used this product to dye my eyebrows in order to make them appear thicker and need less 'filling in.' The results from this product were amazing, in just a few minutes my eyebrows were a darker brown and looked 100% thicker than they did before. I can not rave about this product enough and I totally reccomend it if you want darker, thicker brows.

Okay guys, so that's the end of my May favourites post! I'm sorry that so many items were included but I've been loving so many things this month.

Shona xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs